Friday 11 August 2017

Time Doesn’t Heal
( For my dear sister, Kay )

by Kim Sisto Robinson


Not a day unfolds without
thoughts of you. Your auburn
hair falls over my face smelling
of lilacs, Tabu perfume, summer.

Home.

Time doesn’t stop.
It continues ticking as if
it knows nothing, sees nothing,
feels nothing.

Merciless.

When I think about your murder,
my organs twist and turn inside my body
like hot fists, angry stones. My bones splinter
into sharp fangs.

Hurting me.

Time doesn’t heal.
It makes you remember, makes
you forget, makes you love fiercely,
madly, completely…

as if tomorrow will never come.


* * * * *

Kim Sisto Robinson, whose sister was murdered by a husband who then killed himself on May 26, 2010, asks that her poem be accompanied by The Domestic Abuse Hotline phone number: 1-800-799-7233.


No comments:

Post a Comment