Wednesday 10 April 2019


Poem with a first line from e.e. cummings

                                    after his poem

by Lori Desrosiers


I like my body when it is with your
body. It seems like quite a new thing
but it is not. my body has been part
of your nights for twenty years. not
a bad run so far. I like the way your
belly curls caress my smooth
stomach, rounded by sighs for years.
I like to feel the bones and curves
of you, tickle your elbows and wrists
the soft underparts between your legs.
I like my body when it is under
yours too and when you lean
your forehead against mine
your hands stroking my lower back
your eyes the shine of home.

* * * * *

"Poem with a first line from e.e. cummings" is part of a chapbook collection coming out from Glass Lyre Press later in 2019.

Lori Desrosiers’ poetry books are The Philosopher’s Daughter (Salmon Poetry, 2013), a chapbook, Inner Sky (Glass Lyre Press 2015) and Sometimes I Hear the Clock Speak (Salmon Poetry, 2016. A third full-length book is due out in 2019. She edits Naugatuck River Review, a journal of narrative poetry, and WORDPEACE, an online journal dedicated to social justice.


1 comment: