Friday 3 February 2023

At the beginning of the road

by Irma Kurti


Here I am,
not at peace,
a ball of sadness
and also of tears.

A new
disappointment ...
I thought
I’d changed,
I’d become rational,
abandoning
the candor
and my escape
to an ideal world,
without people
without pains.

Here I am,
at the beginning
of the road,
tired of all,
especially
of myself.
A suitcase
as old as me
in my hand,
accompanies me
in these cases.

A difficult road
is waiting ahead
in search
of my soul mate.
How many
kilometers are left,
how many
disillusionments
I’ll meet,
I wonder if
he does really exist.

Once again,
at the beginning
of the road ...


* * * * *

Irma Kurti is an Albanian poetess, writer, lyricist, journalist, and translator. She is a naturalized Italian. She has been writing since she was a child. She has won numerous literary prizes and awards in Italy and Italian Switzerland. In 2020, she received the title of Honorary President of WikiPoesia, the Encyclopedia of Poetry. She is a member of the jury of several literal competitions.

Irma Kurti has published 26 books in Albanian, 20 in Italian and 10 in English.
She is also the translator of 12 books of different authors and of all her books in Italian and English.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment