Wednesday 16 October 2019


Nature as an Inspiration

by Padmini Krishnan


Change! They tell me
and install the new software
I smile and raise my thumbs
while fear screams with all
Its strength, gripping
and crippling my brain.

I try and try
but fail every time
My hands and mind
tremble at the mention
of the software

I look out to see
tiny droplets turn
into long needles only
to submerge in the leaves, the pond,
the buildings and the earth

Those droplets are not glued to
the sky or petrified
with fear mid-air

Taking strength from
the unresisting droplets
I slowly unshackle the
chains of fear and
walk up to my trainer.


* * * * *

Padmini Krishnan is a Web Copywriter. Her haiku and haibun have appeared in Shamrock, The Neverending Story, A Hundred Gourds, Proletaria, Cattails, Chrysanthemum, New Wales Journal, The Heron's Nest, Contemporary Haibun Online and Haibun Today. Her Short stories for children have been published in My Light Magazine, Short Kid Stories, and Children's Stories.net. She lives in Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment