Friday 8 June 2018



Journey

by Sumati Muniandy


It has been a rough road; I think I have a long way to go
Life is indeed a constant whirlwind of obstacles
I have been challenged by the trials life has thrown at me
Feeling downtrodden and lost
We have our silent struggles within us
I have been weathered by myriads of circumstances
I have struggled with insecurities and self doubt
My heart has been scarred and broken
I stopped for a moment to reflect how far I have come
I have learned grace and perseverance
I have learned to remain calm
I honour my struggle as I am going to get through it
I am going to take a step at a time.


* * * * *

© Sumati Muniandy 2018

Sumati Muniandy is currently an educator and a writer. She holds her Master’s Degree in TESOL from University Southern Queensland, Business Administration from University Putra Malaysia (UPM), Diploma in TESL from Maktab Perguruan Ipoh and Diploma in TESOL from London Teacher Training College. She has written a number of articles on various topics in The Star and New Straits Times. She has also presented papers in conferences. Writing is her passion and she writes her real life experiences to inspire others. She believes that everyone has a story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment