Thursday 7 June 2018


Goodbye

by Sumati Muniandy


Goodbye doesn’t scare me anymore.
It makes me to look forward to a fresh, new start
Goodbye taught me that things always change
The things that belong to you now do not belong to you forever
People change due to circumstances
People leave you for some reasons
It taught me not to attached to anyone as it hurts when they change their minds

It taught me that I can say goodbye too
Sometimes you have to say goodbye even before saying hello
For life starts after bidding goodbye
For goodbye doesn’t break you
It makes you even stronger
It can be the beginning of our breakthrough
I don’t fear saying goodbye anymore!


* * * * *

© Sumati Muniandy 2018

Sumati Muniandy is currently an educator and a writer. She holds her Master’s Degree in TESOL from University Southern Queensland, Business Administration from University Putra Malaysia (UPM), Diploma in TESL from Maktab Perguruan Ipoh and Diploma in TESOL from London Teacher Training College. She has written a number of articles on various topics in The Star and New Straits Times. She has also presented papers in conferences. Writing is her passion and she writes her real life experiences to inspire others. She believes that everyone has a story to tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment