Monday, 5 September 2022

Morning Haiku on a Vacation in Maine

by Sally Cobau



Ocean’s roar as we
sleep in the sweet, white-sheeted
beds.  Sea moon’s glitter



Last night’s dappled moon
light, playfully on Ocean’s
waves surge this morning



I hear the kids’ light
footsteps, morning’s light grace, slugs’
glistening gold trails



The clink of a spoon
tiny compared to Ocean’s
vast, rolling temper



Hello, dear Vincent
Millay basked in the blue sea
nursed from a hard life



They said Grandpa was
a houseboy in the cottage
I see from shore…



What did I do to
deserve this beauty, this morn
some poets might ask



* * * * *

Sally Cobau is a writer/teacher/hiker/yoga practitioner from a tiny town in southwest Montana. She's had work published in the Sun, Ekphrastic Review, rattle, Room magazine, and other journals. She also publishes photography and occasional poems on her Instagram account: sallycobau1. When she's not writing, she's hiking the wild mountains in her hometown. She also dreams of the ocean...

No comments:

Post a Comment