Wednesday, 15 February 2017

Just Being ME

by Sheena Singh


Looking at the mirror
I pondered at the reflection:
the time line of my life
flashed before my eyes…

I spent my entire life
believing in being right
fighting against all odds,
the dark and the mighty..
standing up for justice.

I was being someone
who's just upright..
I was being someone
who’s just ME..

Most call it a gift
being brave to fight
against all odds..
I thought it a rift;

In my plans to have
everyone besides me
I lost the love of those
who mattered most to me…

I sang and I preached
with all my heart,
that it was the only part
of who I was meant to be.

The day I would know
I can never let go
of my rage for perfection;
I know I'll be fine
and to God I'm near...

I just wanted love,
this gift of obsession
for everything that’s sane
seemed a curse from above!

Shall I pretend not to hear
nor see or feel
the vice of being right?
block my conscience
else my pains shall double?

The Lord made it clear
that i grow stronger..
the good, the bad, the ugly
would add to my strength.

Be aware who you are.
from yourself, do not hide
The truth cannot hide
forever in lies.
. 
Thank you God
for making me see,
that I'm good enough
if I just be ME...


No comments:

Post a Comment