Tuesday 31 March 2020


Predictions and Realities

by Padmini Krishnan

I bloomed early
when he was still a bud
I climbed escalators
when he learned to walk
I recited verses
when he learned to talk
but, I shrivelled early
always close to the earth
while his branches
took him high
and he blossomed
at the right time
now my heart pauses
as I look at him
a project manager and hero
and me, an obscure housewife


* * * * *

Padmini Krishnan writes short stories, haiku, haibun and poetry. Her latest work has appeared in Terror House Magazine, Kitaab, Balloon Lit. Journal,Under the Basho, and Breadcrumbs. She blogs in https://call2read.wordpress.com/.



2 comments:

  1. Wow. More than half a life in only sixteen succinctly perfect lines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for reading and the kind comment

    ReplyDelete