Saturday 31 August 2019

He's Still Here

by Lainie Belcastro


He’s here, even when he’s gone, he’s still here.
The scent of him lingers on my pillows, my sheets,
And places where our bodies meet.

Little impressions remain where he lay
And made a comfortable place that my fingers tenderly trace.

I still feel his touch as he followed the curves of my body.
I close my eyes and remember his catching mine
That told him now is the time to take me.

He’s here, even when he’s gone, he’s still here.
I hear his voice when we come together.
And it wakes the silence in my heart.
So even when we’re apart, he’s still here.
  

* * * * *

Lainie Belcastro is a published writer in many genresHer poem, “Playmates” was 
recently published in the inspirational Writing In A Woman’s Voice. Her worldwide
children’s book, Harriet’s Heartbroken Heart, released by Guardian Angel Publishing,
co-authored by her daughter, Nika, and illustrated by Jack Foster, is a healing book for 
children experiencing grief. Another children’s book is contracted for a future release. 
Her uplifting stories can be found in many of the motivational Chicken Soup for the Soul
books. Lainie is co-creator of the trademarked Mrs. Terra Cotta Pots & Twig, and the 
Patching Hearts healing programs for children. As a guest speaker, she encourages 
her wide audiences to "see something beautiful every day!" She holds many titles in
the arts, but her most treasured title is mom! Visit her at www.lainiebelcastro.com.


3 comments:

  1. Once again you touch and move my heart, Lainie. Vivid and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Beate for offering this inspirational vehicle to share my inspirational words!!!!

    ReplyDelete