Tuesday 16 April 2019


Reparations

by Betsy Mars


Such a fine web you strung:
light lines in my window
I didn't see. I didn’t see
when I pushed
my hand through,
expecting the resistance 
of glass. I punched 
a hole mindless
of your efforts and you.
You patiently re-hung, 
thread
after thread,
I watched you return
to the center time
and again until at last
it was complete 
and you rested, well-earned.
In the morning,
tatters of silk blown out in the night.


* * * * *

"Reparations" is from Betsy Mars's new chapbook Alinea.

Betsy Mars is a poet and educator who was born in Connecticut and moved several times before settling in the LA area. She spent two formative years in Brazil where she attended kindergarten, retaining the Portuguese words for cat, dog, and come here.
Her father was a professor and her mother was a social worker, and together they gave her an early appreciation for language and social justice, as well as an overly developed tendency toward introspection.
She has a bachelor’s and master’s degree from USC which she puts to no obvious use. A mother, avid traveler, and animal lover, her work has recently appeared in The Rise Up Review, Writing in A Woman’s Voice, and The Ekphrastic Review, as well as in a number of anthologies, and the California Quarterly. Her first chapbook, entitled Alinea, is available through Amazon or directly from the author at marsmyst@gmail.com.

3 comments:

  1. I am Mariam,from what I can read. It has been sad news and scam to everyone about Voodoo casters or so. But to me they are so real because one worked for me not quite long ago.i met this man on a blog his name is Dr Abalaka is a very powerful man.I traveled down to where his shrine his and we both did the ritual and sacrifice.he had no website yet but he promised to create one as costumers are requesting for it, and now i'm free from the powders of sickness.I don't know about you but Voodoo is real;love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,diabetic voodoo,hypertensive voodoo,high cholesterol voodoo,Trouble in marriage,Barrenness(need a child),Luck, Money Spells,he also cure any cancer and HIV,it's all he does. I used my money to purchase everything he used he never collected a dime from. He told me I can repay him anytime with anything from my heart. Now I don't know how to do that. If you can help or you need his help write him on (dr.abalaka@outlook.com) and also his cell number: 760-935-3804 you can text him because he use to be very busy some times,i believe that your story will change for better,or if you have any question you can contact me here as mariambaurice@gmail.com best of luck.

    ReplyDelete


  2. PLEASE READ!!!! PLEASE READ!!!! PLEASE READ!!!! PLEASE READ!!!!

    Hey Guys!!!Am so happy I got mine from Mike Fisher. My blank ATM card can withdraw $2,000 daily. I got it from Her last week and now I have $14,000 for free. The blank ATM withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on .I am really happy i met Mike Fisher because i met two people before her and they took my money not knowing that they were scams. But am happy now. Mike Fisher sent the card through DHL and i got it in two days. Get your own card from her now she is not like other scammer pretending to have the ATM card,She is giving it out for free to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught. i'm grateful to Mike Fisher because she changed my story all of a sudden . The card works in all countries except, Mali and Nigeria. Mike Fisher email address is blankatm002@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete