Friday 12 October 2018


Liberation

by Oonah V Joslin


We did not anoint the Sun with its first fire
but we have damned and drowned the oceans with tears.

I would take silk to swaddle the horizon.
I would lift my voice to shroud the restless wind.

I will leave the future a libation of ink.
I will bless the undisciplined skies with wide eyes.

I will honour still the Earth with my eyes closed.
Sprinkle the sea and the mountain with my ash.

I must ordain the happy continuity
of life in order to accept forgetfulness.


* * * * *

Oonah V Joslin is poetry editor at The Linnet’s Wings. She has won prizes for both poetry and micro-fiction. Her book Three Pounds of Cells ISBN: 13: 978-1535486491 is available online from Linnet’s Wings Press and you can see and hear Oonah read in this National Trust video. The first part of her novella A Genie in a Jam is serialised at Bewildering Stories, along with a large body of her work (see Bibliography). You can follow Oonah on Facebook or at Parallel Oonahverse https://oovj.wordpress.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment