Tuesday 10 May 2016

Looking for my voice again. Oh, how I want to storm into each day with exuberance and tenderness. Those are the highlights of my soul,the qualities of voice that I always yearn for, the voice that I sometimes see in children who have not yet, or not at the moment, been stilled or had their voice stolen or twisted.

In my most cynical modes I think of how we bind and throttle our children. Then we spend the rest of our lives trying to rediscover our inner child and set it free. Maybe that is a valid and useful way of conducting a human life. I don't know. It feels a bit wasteful. Then again, I also often think that, yes, nothing really is necessary. Not beauty, not dance, not poetry. It is all a gift, to spend as we wish.

I want to spend my gift on wild and tender exuberance.

Be important today!

No comments:

Post a Comment